The customer required portable MGSE (Mechanical Ground Support Equipment) to lift, support and position the DSP and post/pre-processor equipment during assembly of the Inmarsat4 spacecraft.
To provide lifting and handling equipment with the capability of lifting each unit from its transit box or surface table by means of an overhead crane adjustment, with the balance capable of fine adjustments.
- A system was made of MiniTec framework and a battery powered stepper drive system.
- A counter balance enabled safe transporting and depositing of the payload into the space craft.
- Controlled speed and direction enabled precise movement whilst transporting.
- Independent Certification supplied – Proof load certificate of 3 times actual requirement.
- Customer is able to safely transport the 88kg payload into the space craft.